We all love a dice game every now and then. But have you ever thought about making your own dice? At first, it might look like a tricky affair. But, what if we tell you that you can easily make dice of your own with the help of our free printable dice template PDF!
The best thing about these dice templates would be that you can customize them according to your wish. All you need to do is, just download the printable, and print it. And there you go, by just following a few simple steps, your dice is ready to roll! Pdf Version is also available below for free download.
What’s Included In The Free Printable Dice Template PDF?
The printable comes in a PDF form which can be downloaded and printed. There are two sheets in the PDF that can be cut and used as dice. Out of the two sheets, the first one has the dots marked, which just need to be cut according to the shape of the dice, and later be used.
The second one is a blank one, which can be used and customized according to the user’s needs. The best part of these printable PDFs is that you can customize it, paint it and use it according to how you wish.
How To Use The Free Printable Dice Template?
Similar to the envelope printable templates, these printable can too be used by users who wish to use a dice that they can customize according to their own wish. The dice are super easy to make.
All you need to do is open the printable, download it and print it on an a4 or letter size paper. Then, cut out the template and fold along the inside lines. Next, just assemble into a cube by gluing all of the sides with each other.
For both the dice, you can color it, paint it and decorate it according to your liking and however, you wish to roll your dice. For the second one, you need to make the dots as per your convenience and desire. The best part is that both are black and white to give you the freedom to decorate it how you like it.
How To Print?
This printable dice is perfect for someone who wishes to customize their own dice. All you need to do is download the file by clicking on the download button.
After downloading the printable, you will see that the printable is in the form of a PDF. This can now be printed by just clicking on the printer icon. You can also click the CTRL+P if you are a windows user. If you use Mac, you can press Command+P.
Doing so will open up the print dialog box. Here, you need to scale the printable according to what fits best on the paper. In our opinion, these should be printed on A4 sheets. The options you must select are A4 in the paper size option, and Fit to paper in scale.
Clicking OK after this will print your printable.
Step-by-Step Guide: Creating Dice from Templates
Materials and Tools:
- Printable dice template (blank or with dots)
- Paper or cardstock (preferably thicker for durability)
- Scissors or craft knife
- Glue or adhesive
- Optional: markers, stickers, or decorative elements for customization
Step 1: Choose and Print the Template
- Select a printable dice template based on your preference (blank or with dots).
- Download and open the template on your computer.
- Adjust the size if necessary to fit your needs.
- Print the template on paper or cardstock. Consider using a high-quality print setting for better results.
Step 2: Cut Out the Template
- Carefully cut out the printed dice template along the outer edges using scissors or a craft knife.
- Pay attention to maintaining straight lines and sharp corners for a clean-looking dice.
Step 3: Fold the Dice
- On the printed side of the template, fold along all the dotted lines. These lines indicate where the dice will be folded to form its shape.
- Use a ruler or straight edge to ensure neat and precise folds.
- Start by folding the flaps towards the inside of the template.
- Apply gentle pressure along the folds to create crisp edges.
Step 4: Apply Glue
- Once all the folds are made, apply a small amount of glue or adhesive to the tabs or flaps.
- Use a glue stick or craft glue for better adhesion.
- Be cautious not to use excessive glue to avoid any smudging or mess.
Step 5: Assemble the Dice
- Start by attaching one tab to the adjacent side, creating a corner of the dice.
- Hold the tab firmly against the side for a few seconds to allow the glue to set.
- Repeat this process for the remaining tabs, gradually forming the shape of the dice.
- Make sure all the edges are securely glued together to ensure the dice’s stability.
Step 6: Let it Dry
- Set the assembled dice aside and allow the glue to dry completely.
- Follow the drying time recommended by the adhesive used.
Step 7: Customize (Optional)
- If desired, you can decorate your dice to personalize them.
- Use markers, stickers, or other decorative elements to add designs or labels to the faces of the dice.
- Let your creativity shine by customizing the dice to match a specific game theme or style.
Step 8: Repeat and Enjoy
- Repeat the steps above to create additional dice as needed.
- Once all the dice are dry and customized, they are ready to be used in games, educational activities, or any other purpose you have in mind.
Additional Tips and Ideas
A. Decorating and Personalization:
- Experiment with different coloring techniques, such as using watercolor paints, colored pencils, or markers, to add vibrant and unique designs to your dice.
- Consider using metallic or glitter pens to add a touch of sparkle and shine to your dice.
- Apply clear adhesive laminate or self-adhesive transparent film to protect the dice and give them a glossy finish.
- Use stickers, stencils, or pre-made design templates to create intricate patterns or themed dice.
B. Alternative Materials:
- Instead of using regular paper or cardstock, try using foam sheets, felt, or even thin wooden sheets to create more durable and tactile dice.
- Explore using recycled materials, such as old cereal boxes or plastic packaging, to create eco-friendly dice.
- For a more tactile experience, you can sew dice using fabric and stuffing, creating soft and plush dice for young children or sensory activities.
C. Size and Variations:
- Resize the dice templates to create a set of different-sized dice for various gaming purposes or educational activities.
- Consider making oversized dice for outdoor games or as decorative elements.
- Explore non-standard dice shapes, such as octahedrons or dodecahedrons, by finding or creating templates for these shapes.
D. Protective Coating:
- After assembling and decorating the dice, you can apply a clear coat of varnish or sealant to protect them from wear and tear.
- Opt for a non-toxic and odorless sealant suitable for crafts to ensure the safety of users, especially if the dice will be handled by children.
E. Storage and Organization:
- Use small containers, such as resealable plastic bags or small boxes, to store and organize your dice.
- Label the containers with the corresponding dice type or game name for easy identification.
- Consider creating a dice bag or pouch to keep your dice together and make them easily transportable.
F. Collaborative Projects:
- Organize a dice-making session with friends, family, or fellow gamers to create a variety of dice designs and exchange them.
- Host a DIY dice-making workshop or event where participants can learn and share different techniques for creating dice from templates.
Such a printable where you are given a free hand to design, customize and use your own printable leaves users super happy. While playing games, you can use it for decoration and for anything under the sky that you want to use it for. Just cut through the lines, color, paint, and decorate, and you are good to go!