“Would You Rather” is a fun and thought-provoking pastime. It’s a game where you have to make a choice between two options, often tricky or amusing, and then explain your reasoning behind your selection. Whether you’re hosting a party, spending quality time with friends, or simply looking for a delightful icebreaker, “Would You Rather” never fails to deliver.
In this post, we’re delighted to offer you free printable “Would You Rather” templates in PDF format. These templates are designed to enhance your gaming experience, making it easier and more enjoyable. Let’s explore how to play, the templates at your disposal, and sample questions to get you started.
What’s included in the templates?
We’ve provided seven distinct “Would You Rather” templates to cater to a variety of preferences:
Sheet 1: Basic Template with Colored Sections – This template offers a straightforward design with colored sections for both options, making choices clear and visually appealing.
Sheet 2: Multiple Questions with Three “OR” Options – If you prefer multiple questions on a single sheet, Sheet 2 is your choice. It repeats the basic template from Sheet 1 three times, allowing you to include a trio of thought-provoking queries.
Sheet 3: Diagonal Design Variation with Single “OR” – For a visually interesting twist, Sheet 3 presents the “OR” in a diagonal design, adding a touch of creativity to your game.
Sheet 4: Repeated Diagonal Four Times – If you enjoy the diagonal design, you can find it repeated four times on Sheet 4, giving you a set of questions to choose from.
Sheet 5: Blank Template with Space for Reasons Behind Choices – Sometimes, it’s fun to delve into the reasoning behind your choices. Sheet 5 offers a blank template with space for jotting down the reasons behind your decisions.
Sheet 6: Basic Template without Color – If you prefer a simpler, colorless design, Sheet 6 provides the basic template for your “Would You Rather” questions.
Sheet 7: Repeated Template from Sheet 3 without Color – For a more straightforward approach without color, you can find the repeated template from Sheet 3 on Sheet 7.
If you like these templates, do check out some of the other exciting templates:
How to Play “Would You Rather”
Playing “Would You Rather” is simple and enjoyable. Here’s a brief guide to get you started:
- Gather your friends or participants. There is no limit on the number of players. More the merrier.
- Use one of our provided templates to write down your questions. You can choose the template that fits your preferred design.
- Ask a question that begins with “Would you rather” and presents two intriguing or challenging options.
- Participants take turns choosing one of the options and explaining their choice.
- The game continues with different questions, sparking conversations and laughter.
30 Sample Fun “Would You Rather” Questions to Try
To kickstart your “Would You Rather” game, here are 30 sample questions to ponder and enjoy:
- Would you rather have the ability to fly or be invisible?
- Would you rather have a pet dragon or a pet unicorn?
- Would you rather explore the depths of the ocean or the vastness of space?
- Would you rather have the power of super speed or super strength?
- Would you rather be a famous actor or a renowned musician?
- Would you rather time travel to the past or the future?
- Would you rather live in a treehouse or a houseboat?
- Would you rather be an expert in every musical instrument or speak every language fluently?
- Would you rather visit the world’s highest mountain or deepest ocean trench?
- Would you rather always have perfect weather for outdoor activities or never wait in line again?
- Would you rather have the ability to read minds or predict the future?
- Would you rather become a superhero or a supervillain for a day?
- Would you rather have a rewind button for your life or a pause button for the world?
- Would you rather be a professional athlete in any sport or a famous actor in any genre?
- Would you rather have a talking animal companion or a magical object with unlimited powers?
- Would you rather live in a world with endless summer or perpetual winter?
- Would you rather be an expert chef or a renowned painter?
- Would you rather only eat sweet or savory foods for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather have the ability to time travel but not control where you go or teleport to any location but not choose when?
- Would you rather experience the past through your ancestors’ eyes or see the future through your descendants?
- Would you rather always have your favorite song stuck in your head or never hear music again?
- Would you rather have the power to heal any illness or the power to bring inanimate objects to life?
- Would you rather travel the world but never stay in one place for more than a day or stay in one place but never travel anywhere else?
- Would you rather only speak in rhyme or be unable to ask questions?
- Would you rather be a renowned author but unable to read or a famous musician but unable to hear?
- Would you rather be a genius in a world of average people or an average person in a world of geniuses?
- Would you rather always have perfect Wi-Fi or never lose your keys?
- Would you rather have the ability to speak to animals or understand any foreign language?
- Would you rather be a master of every sport or a master of every musical instrument?
- Would you rather never age physically or never age mentally?
Other Applications Where These Templates Can Be Used
Besides this fun game, our templates have versatile applications:
- Icebreaker Activities: Use them to break the ice at social gatherings, workshops, or team-building events. “Would You Rather” questions can spark interesting conversations and help participants get to know each other better.
- Classroom Discussions: Teachers can incorporate “Would You Rather” questions in the classroom to engage students in debates, critical thinking, and decision-making exercises. It’s a creative way to make learning more interactive.
- Creative Writing: Authors and storytellers can use these templates to generate unique scenarios for their characters and plots. “Would You Rather” questions can be the starting point for intriguing narratives.
- Decision-Making Exercises: When facing difficult choices or dilemmas, these templates can help individuals make decisions by examining the pros and cons of each option.
- Brainstorming: Incorporate “Would You Rather” questions into brainstorming sessions to encourage creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Fun with Friends and Family: Bring these templates to family gatherings or friendly get-togethers for a lighthearted and entertaining activity that’s sure to create lasting memories.
“Would You Rather” is a wonderful game that combines your imagination, creativity, and decision-making for fun. Our free printable “Would You Rather” templates in PDF format aim to make your gaming experiences more engaging and visually appealing.
From basic designs to thought-provoking questions, our templates cater to a range of preferences and uses. Whether you’re planning a fun game night, sparking discussions in a classroom, or simply looking for an icebreaker, these templates have you covered.