Of late, plot diagrams have been garnering quite an attention. In simple words, plot diagrams are a structured framework that helps in organizing the essential elements of a story. They are invaluable tools for writers, as they can organize their compelling stories and provide an overview of it.
We have curated two plot diagram templates for you. In this article, we will discuss both of the blank plot diagram templates so that you can choose the best of the two depending on your needs.
Rest assured, these plot diagram templates offer creative freedom while maintaining a structured foundation for your narrative. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced author, these templates can serve as a valuable resource for your storytelling endeavors.
Understanding Our Templates
Let us begin by exploring each of these templates and understanding the benefits and features they bring to you.
Template 1 – The Pyramid Plot Diagram Template
- The first template is a pyramid plot diagram and adopts a pyramid shape.The description boxes are strategically placed. Two boxes are placed at the bottom ends, one is at the peak, and three boxes are along the right and left slopes. This arrangement of boxes allows for a unique approach to plot development.
- This template allows for flexibility and accommodates a variety of storytelling needs. Writers can easily adapt it to their plots while centralizing their ideas in the middle box for a clear focus.
- This pyramid template offers you creative freedom. If you are a writer, it enables you to structure your stories while maintaining a flexible framework. It aids in organizing thoughts and ensuring a coherent storyline.
Template 2 – The Exposition-Resolution Plot Diagram Template
- This template comprises six boxes, namely: exposition, conflict, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution. This format aligns with the traditional story structure.
- This template guides writers through the different phases of storytelling, ensuring a well-balanced plot. It includes a central theme or main idea box, emphasizing the story’s core message.
- This template provides writers with a structured approach, helping maintain clarity and consistency in their narratives. It aids in sustaining reader engagement.
Advantages of Using These Templates
The following are some of the advantages of using plot diagram templates:
- Enhanced Organization:
Both our templates assist writers in organizing their thoughts with clarity. They offer a systematic approach in leading to a logical and coherent storyline.
- Improved Clarity:
As mentioned already, both our templates promote clear thinking. They help writers in creating an engaging storytelling approach, ensuring that readers can follow the plot effortlessly.
- Time Efficiency:
These templates save writers a lot of their time by providing a ready-made framework for reference during the writing process.
Maintaining consistency in character development and plot progression is easier with these templates, resulting in more satisfying narratives.
Who Can Benefit from These Templates
Our templates are versatile and cater to the needs of a wide variety of people and groups. Following are some of the groups who shall benefit from our templates:
A. Writers of All Levels:
It does not matter if you are a beginner or an experienced writer, these templates shall cater to all your needs. They will offer valuable assistance and structure for storytelling.
B. Students and Educators:
Teachers can deploy the templates as a part of their teaching methodology. They can incorporate these templates in classrooms to teach storytelling and literary analysis, fostering a deeper understanding of narratives.
C. Content Creators:
Content creators, such as screenwriters and game developers, can utilize these templates for structuring narratives in various media.
D. Authors Seeking Inspiration:
Established authors can draw inspiration from these templates, using them as a starting point for their next story or during brainstorming sessions.
E. Writing Groups and Collaborative Projects:
Writing groups and collaborative projects benefit from these templates as a shared framework that streamlines teamwork and critiques.
When you decide to incorporate a plot diagram into your writing habit, you actually do yourself a lot of help. These plot diagram templates are an excellent aid to help you decide on a draft and also prepare a bird’s eye view of everything you have in mind.
Having these templates in your writing regime can be a game-changer. It offers a structured foundation and allows your creativity to flourish. These templates help writers of all levels maintain clarity, coherence, and engagement in their narratives.
So, whether you’re crafting a short story, a novel, or a screenplay, consider using these templates as invaluable tools in your storytelling arsenal.