Solving word search puzzles is one activity that almost all kids love to do. No doubt it’s really fun. But, It also tests their vocabulary, spelling, and memory skills. If used in the right way, It’s a great learning tool. If you’re looking for a challenging word search puzzle for your child or student, then you’re absolutely at the right place!
In this post, We’ve designed 3 level printable word search puzzles for students. Any individual can use these printables to tests their skills in different subjects. However, These are designed keeping in mind the classroom curriculum of middle school students. The word search is prepared as such to test your vocabulary skills in subjects including mathematics and science. You can download and print these printables in A4 paper size format. For better print, A free pdf version is also available below.
What’s Included in these middle school word search printables?
We’ve included three printables in this word search puzzle for middle school students. It becomes more challenging as you go level up. It’s recommended to start with level 1 and then move on to next. Here are the details on how to take on each level:
Level I: This is the most basic level of this word search printable. You are given the puzzle grid with letters, and the words as well that you have to find in the puzzle. It’s fairly simple and easy since you already know what you have to find.
Level II: Similar to the level I, We’ve included here a puzzle grid with letters and the words that you have to find. However, to make it challenging, the letters of the hint words given are jumbled. So, first, you have to rearrange the letters to make the correct word and then find it in the puzzle grid. Or, you could go the other way around. Your choice!
Level III: This is the most challenging round, Only puzzle grid with letters are provided. There are no hint words. So, it’s your knowledge of subjects you learned in middle school that you need to put to work to find the words in the puzzle.
Best way to use these printables pdfs
Although these word search printables cater specifically to middle school students, any individual can use this as a learning tool. Teachers can present these during the fun activity session. Students can use these printables as a learning tool and practice them to brush up their skills. To achieve the best results out of these word search puzzle pdf, do the following:
- Use a timer while solving the puzzle. Retry the puzzle after few days to check on your progress.
- Compete with a friend. Compare the duration of solving the puzzle.
- Try to analyze the puzzle after solving it. Try to revisit the topics of the words given to boost your knowledge about that topic.
- Teachers can work out a scoring system for the puzzle and reward the students for winning and participation.
How does scoring work?
It’s completely up to the Teachers and Guardians on how to score for solving the puzzles. The optimal way is the one that brings out the best of a student. Rewarding the winners is good, but the goal of the activity will be achieved when every student in the class feels encouraged to solve more of these. A typical scoring system may involve:
- 1 point for finding one word from level I, 2 points for finding one word from level II, and 3 points for finding one word from level III.
- Certain, say 3, points can be deducted from a level for not solving under the time limit.
- Certain, say 3, points can be added for solving challenging levels (Level II, Level III) way quicker than expected.
- Scoring or a percentile can be prepared from the points of all the levels combined of an individual student.
- Teachers can also make this as a group activity and pick a winner based on the combined scores of a group.
In the future, We’ll be updating the above-given template and educational charts. More fun and unique templates of Word Search Puzzles For Middle School will be added with more challenging ideas. Stay tuned for the updates to this post.
We, at PrintablesHub, aim to deliver well-researched and engaging worksheets, charts, and templates on regular basis. Our mission is to let students build a strong foundation of concepts learned through our printables. We would love to hear back any feedback from our users. You can subscribe to our newsletter for daily updates on new printables published or keep visiting our site as we post regularly.