Tipping is more of etiquette than a legal obligation, but not at all places in the US. Several countries of the United States have come up with mandatory payouts as tips that a few employees deserve. Some of the employees that earn more from tips than wages are bartenders, waiters, servers at buffets, etc. So, how to find if you are not over or underpaying as a tip? Well, our free printable tip chart templates can help.
You can have this tip chart printed and displayed at appropriate places in the restaurants, bars, or gas stations for the customers’ convenience. Pdf format is also provided for free download. Have a look:
Making tipping easy with tip chart
We have designed these tip charts to help you have quick overview of tip payable against the amounts ranging from 1 to 99 units. Our tips charts are classified as:
- 15% tip chart: Why bug yourself up calculating 15% of the amount of the bill amount generated? Our 15% tip chart allows you to have savory meal at cafes and restaurants where this standard rate is applicable.
- 20% tip chart: Knowing 20% of the bill amount becomes super easy with our 20% tip chart. This tip chart help have rewarding experience at full service restaurants where this tip rate is applied.
Tipping Etiquette: Things to know
It is worth knowing that tips are not subject to negotiation. Also, irrespective of the level of service, tipping is mandatory. Mostly, you need to tip at restaurants and cafes, and the tip should not be less than 15% of the total bill.
Various services which require you to pay tips are:
- Waiting at restaurant tables
- Baby-sitting, etc.
Tips amounts to pay to various service providers
The Law of the State stipulates how much tip should be paid as a minimum. However, there is no upper limit. It is entirely the service buyers’ choice how generous they want to be while paying tips. Let’s take a look at the minimum amounts applicable for various services.
- At a bar: Usually, $1 and $2 are good amounts to leave as tip for a beer and a cocktail respectively. But, when you order a snack too, the rate of 20% becomes applicable.
- For taxi-service: While using a tax service, 15-20% per taxi ride is the rate applicable. In case of rideshares, flat amount of $2 applies.
- Hair and Nail Salon: 15% minimum tip amount should be paid to the attendant at a hair and nail salon.
- Coat and bag check counter: $1 per coat check and $2 for checking a larger bag
- Food delivery agent: The food delivery person’s acceptable tip ranges from $3 to $5 per delivery.
Above-mentioned are a few most commonly used services where our tip rate card can help you make payment fairly.
Tips are the additional source of income for the staff that is the front face of a service-providing business. These tips complement the low wages earned. At times, tips may even exceed the wages. To enforce the labor laws fairly, authorities pre-define the tips rates. Save the time calculating the amount with our tips rate card printable and manage to create a decent impression at the service provider’s place.
In the future, We’ll be updating the above-given template and educational charts. More unique templates of the Tip Chart Card will be added with more challenging ideas. Stay tuned for the updates to this post.
We, at PrintablesHub, aim to deliver well-researched and engaging worksheets, charts, and templates on regular basis. Our mission is to let students build a strong foundation of concepts learned through our printables. We would love to hear back any feedback from our users. You can subscribe to our newsletter for daily updates on new printables published or keep visiting our site as we post regularly.