‘The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more.’ – Jonas Salk
Encouraging kids to comply with rules or follow a code of conduct is a bit tricky. Negative motivation only is not the correct approach. It can have adverse psychological effects. A better option may be to reward the doer. With this thought, we have come up with Rewards Chart in this post. Our charts are not restricted to use for kids only. You can have them for motivating yourself even as an adult too.
According to the theory of Motivation (Maslow, 1943), rewards and recognition are positive drivers. These needs may be at a higher level in the hierarchy of needs but cannot be avoided. Especially when human beings are driven by quality living instead of mere survival, the recognition needs become more pronounced. Rewards charts offer the handiest solution for recognizing the achievements. In case of a lag, these may encourage and inspire you to upend your efforts.
How to recognize a good action or deed on a daily basis? An easy solution for this question lies in reward charts. Listed here are free blank and starred rewards charts printables PDFs designed to suit your room decoration needs; you can save them on your devices as continual reminders too:
Types of reward charts
We have designed two types of reward charts for your convenience.
- Blank rewards chart: Our blank reward charts are truly custom performance appraisal supports. You can design rewards of your own. You can write down daily goals, and the achievements against them. It can help you understand how far you have come from the beginning point.
As a grown-up, you can stick these on your room wall and reuse them to set new goals and record corresponding progress levels.
- Starred rewards chart: Rewards chart with stars printable PDF are ideal curiosity generators for little kids. A star is associated with achievement, and kids love to accumulate lots of them to show to others. Start by writing the name and filling in corresponding numbers of stars achieved by a student with an attractive color. It is sure to give a heads-up to the kid to maintain a stronghold.
In case you want children to avoid comparing them with one another, you can have these printed in bulk to handover one to each child and ask them to fill in stars according to their achievements.
How rewards charts help?
Rewards charts offer the quickest method to keep track of performance. You can use reward charts to help student track their progress with:
- Acquiring writing and reading skills: As they progress from reading to voicing, to writing words to building sentences, you can give them an idea of their journey with reward charts.
- Learning adherence to discipline: Include things like good manners, overall behaviour, timeliness, participation in class, cleanliness, etc. in the rewards chart; those stars will surely drive little kids to chase for the more by doing better.
- Adopting good habits: Eating without noise, Eating greens, respecting elders, helping the needy, early to bed, early to rise, etc. are various good habits you can note on the rewards chart and give the kids stars for excelling on these parameters.
Where can we use Rewards charts?
Rewards charts can be used for helping people of all ages to acquire excellence in their respective endeavors.
- Classrooms: Reward charts hung on walls or display board can help make the classroom environment more appealing and motivating for kids. They have something to look forward to while coming to class every day.
- Kids room: You can encourage kids to have a rewards chart in their rooms. These may be their daily motivation dose. Objectives may change with growing age.
- Offices: How about using the old school technique to keep employees motivated? Write the sales target or a key responsibility area on the rewards chart and give stars or scores to employees in the team. These are quite useful for small-size teams, and where the responsibilities or targets can be measured discretely.
Learning happens more effectively when the objectives are clear. Whether you are a kid or an office-goer, you can always ignite the competitive streak in you by having a rewards chart right in your sight. These not only give direction, but also encourage to strive for higher and better achievements.
In the future, We’ll be updating the above-given template and educational charts. More fun and unique templates of Star Reward Charts will be added with more challenging ideas. Stay tuned for the updates to this post.
We, at PrintablesHub, aim to deliver well-researched and engaging worksheets, charts, and templates on regular basis. Our mission is to let students build a strong foundation of concepts learned through our printables. We would love to hear back any feedback from our users. You can subscribe to our newsletter for daily updates on new printables published or keep visiting our site as we post regularly.