American Civil War is an important event in US History. The war started due to differences in opinions on slavery. It culminated with the emancipation proclamation made by President Abraham Lincoln, with the Battle of Shiloh, the Battle of Gettysburg, and several other crucial events in between.
Students can learn about these events in their course books, but the process becomes quite consuming. When you need some quick refresher support to check your knowledge about the American Civil War, you may search for worksheets like those we have designed for you. Kindly take a look at the types of worksheets we have developed to suit your learning needs.
What’s included in these worksheets?
We understand it is somewhat difficult to become fully conversant with topics like the American Civil War and other similar historical events. So, we step forward to kindle in you the desire to learn. By employing constant brainstorming and digging in-depth in human learning psychology, we present to you simple, engaging, and informative worksheets on the American Industrial Revolution. You can download the free printable pdf version from the link given as well.
This post includes four worksheets with different exercises testing your knowledge of the American Civil War. These are:
- Match the events with year: This exercise is to test your memory about the timeline of the major events that happened. Major events are on the right side and you have to match with the correct year on the left side. The first one is given as a hint.
- True and False Questions: In these worksheets, you will affirm whether the statement is true or false based on your knowledge about the American Civil War’s events, timeline, etc.
- Events and their Outcomes: This exercise is to test how well versed you are on the outcomes of the major events that happened during the civil war. Events are given on the left side and you have to write the outcome in the writing space given against it.
- Write a short note explaining your viewpoint: Now that you are well versed in the topic. We want your viewpoint on how Abraham Lincoln’s presidency impacted the outcome of the war.
Which grades are these worksheets for?
For Elementary School students, these worksheets help learn about important events, their impacts, timeline, etc.
The Middle School students can dig in-depth into events, impacts at the home front, life at civil war, emancipation proclamation, etc. by solving these worksheets.
With all the knowledge accumulated, the High School students can address the questions in the worksheets from an analytical view.
We intend to help students at all levels to be conversant with several aspects of the American Civil War by including easily doable exercises in our worksheets.
How these worksheets are suitable for you?
- As a teacher: Teachers can employ these worksheets to give a test material for checking students’ proficiency, to design quizzes, debates and competitions, and for giving project work.
- As a student: If you do not want to get too absorbed by this phase’s events, you can use these worksheets as a quick learning guide. By using these as practice material, they can save their time searching for information. Readymade questions provide a brief yet organized learning resource.
- As a parent or guardian: Worksheets on the American Civil War can help parents give learn-at-home or practice-at-home material to young learners. As a guardian, these worksheets provide a reliable practice material to help homeschoolers become more confident about their learnings.
- As a homeschooler: Enjoy the benefits of classroom-like material, and have more organized learning resources to add more quality and discipline to your study hour.
Best way to practice these worksheets
We have brainstormed the objectives and then designed these worksheets so that your learning becomes profound and accurate. Use the following suggestions to get the maximum benefit out of these American Civil War Worksheets:
- Solve these worksheets in a topic-wise manner so that each event is thoroughly learned.
- Take topics for writing short notes to express your view.
- Use these worksheets as the base material for designing quizzes and competitions.
- Use these worksheets as quick revision material that you can refer to, wherever and whenever desired.
- Solve worksheets repeatedly and working more on areas where your performance is not up to the mark
Take a look at these worksheets to learn about the American Civil War in the most unbiased and accurate manner. You can thank us later when you come out of exams with flying colors!
In the future, We’ll be updating the above-given worksheets. More worksheets on the American Civil War will be added with more engaging exercises. Further, we going to dig a little deeper and provide more informative worksheets. Stay tuned to the updates to this post.
We, at PrintablesHub, aim to deliver well-researched and engaging worksheets on regular basis. Our mission is to let students build a strong foundation of concepts learned through our worksheets. We would love to hear back any feedback from our users. You can subscribe to our newsletter for daily updates on new printables published or keep visiting our site as we post regularly.