Attaining a balance in all sectors of life is something everyone yearns to achieve. And for this, people need to sit back, reflect and paint a visual presentation of how their life is going on. But, this may not help because thinking too much will only cause a tangled web of thoughts. Sometimes, people also approach life coaches when they start losing jobs, relationships, aims, and most importantly, themselves.
To make the best of the self-assessment hour or to give the clients the best understandable picture of life, and then, the solutions, life coaches employ certain tools. The most common in use is the wheel of life. It is divided into various sectors with each sector assigned an area of life. In this post, we have included the blank wheel of life template free printable PDF version to help you have this amazing assessment tool right in your reach.
You can download and save this blank printable PDF of the wheel of life template given below on your devices or have them printed for filing records of your progress in direction of attaining balance. So, here are the templates:
How to fill the Wheel of Life Template?
The blank wheel of life template is divided into several sectors corresponding to the composition of our responsibilities towards the self and others. This means you can name the sectors of this wheel as job, family, kids, hobbies, health, social life, etc. Also, mention things important to you such as financial independence, freedom of expression, creative satisfaction, physical well-being, etc. Once you have written your areas of life on the blank dotted space provided above each sector, proceed like given below:
- Brainstorm and visualize areas you feel are important and compose your life when put together
- Assess how much time you are devoting to each of those. Accordingly, you can divide the spokes further into colored portions to get the idea of areas getting the most to the least attention.
- You can also put the dots, or give marks by deciding importance level on the scale of 5 or 10. In case of dots, connect the dots to find if any of the activity is consuming the adjacent one and how much.
- If you feel you have found the perfect balance, all areas will have equal size on the wheel. But, it is actually not the ideal situation. Some parts grab our attention more than others depending upon the project in hand. So, you use this wheel of life to ascertain that you are not overdoing something, which is badly affecting other aspects.
- Reflect and Act when you have done ample assessment and realized the problem area. You may have to give up some activities or at least reduce the time and make room for the completely neglected ones to reach close to ideal balance.
Why Wheel of Life?
When you feel a bit dissatisfied with how things are not aligning well around you, it is time to sit back and contemplate. With proper reflection and planning, you can achieve better degrees of organization in your life. The process can take a systematic garb when you have visualized whole life and its various areas in a crisp manner. The wheel of life proves to be an effective tool for it. Here are other reasons to use the blank wheel of life printables:
- Coaches use it to asses the client’s problem areas and to guide them on how to work on those
- People can have this wheel of life for personal use to start again with better cognition in case they feel lost
- Users can employ this printable PDF version of blank wheel of life to prepare for a big project. It can help them find how to squeeze time from other activities and assign to a particular one which is the core requirement to complete the project.
Paul J. Meyer, the founder of Success Motivation® Institute Inc., created this wheel of life to have each area of life visually presented as spokes. This wheel of life is an effective tool for managing life and for striking a balance among all areas as far as possible. Share with us how you used our printable blank PDFs of the wheel of life and what positive change it brought to your life.
In the future, We’ll be updating the above-given template and educational charts. More unique templates of Blank Wheel Of Life will be added with more challenging ideas. Stay tuned for the updates to this post.
We, at PrintablesHub, aim to deliver well-researched and engaging worksheets, charts, and templates on regular basis. Our mission is to let students build a strong foundation of concepts learned through our printables. We would love to hear back any feedback from our users. You can subscribe to our newsletter for daily updates on new printables published or keep visiting our site as we post regularly.