Do you know how important it is for children to be well connected and well versed with their grandparents and, more importantly, their great grandparents and maybe their great great grandparents. Wait, are you scratching your mind right now? Well, don’t.
We know very well that not everyone is blessed with the company of their grandparents or, more significantly, their great-grandparents. However, if you have a company of them, then trust us, you are blessed with something fabulous on earth.
Grandparents, or how we like to put it, your ancestors are like a thread that connects you as a present tense to the past tense and the values, culture, correlations, and significances associated with it. Such is a job of a Pedigree chart. Download and print these Printable 7th generation pedigree charts, and get using them to know your ancestors, genetic traits, developments among them, and even disorders, if any. Free pdf version also available.
What does the ‘7th Generation Pedigree Charts’ Printable PDF contain?
Printable 7th generation pedigree charts contain three different sets of the seventh generation Pedigree charts for you to download on your electronic devices quickly, and that too for absolutely free. The users can fill in the data of up to seven generations at a time in these charts.
Moreover, the charts come in different designs and shapes and striking color schemes that sure shot attracts the children’s eyes and helps them engage better in learning more about it.
How would the ‘7th generation Pedigree charts’ printable PDF be beneficial?
Guardians, teachers, students, or homeschoolers can access these Free Printable 7th generation pedigree charts. It can prove to be a boon for them because it will help them learn better and wiser about their ancestors, the genetic traits associated with them, the essence of compassion, and the values prevailing in their genes.
- Correlations between children and their ancestors: While we discussed the importance of having ancestors to have better correlations between them and the younger generation, maintaining such correlations is quite impossible, especially with the much older age. Of course, the life cycle is not constant at all. And so, it’s equally crucial for the Gardens and the teachers to help the children understand their ancestors better through Pedigree charts.
- Determining various traits: If your sole purpose is to determine a specific trait among your genes, then a Pedigree chart can be a great way to do that. You can jot down the names of your ancestors in the various boxes of the charts and specify their significant traits associated with them. And at the end, you will get the Correlations between them.
- Diagnosing disorders: A pedigree chart helps you to determine the inheritance of a particular disorder occurring among various genes in your family. And if you are trying to ascertain this specific disorder, then our seven-generation Pedigree chart can be an excellent option for you to do so. Not only does this helps you to determine the transmission of a particular disorder, but it also helps you to instigate the contagiousness of it.
- Instigating values among the children: In today’s time, a child must know what values his or her family stands for and is associated with. And therefore, our seven-generation Pedigree chart is a master of it. You put up the name of your ancestors and the values that they stood for throughout their lifetime. Not only does this helps your child to be inspired and influenced by them, but it also helps them to feel empowered.
Advantages of Printable Pedigree Charts
- Flexibility and customization options: Printable pedigree charts provide the flexibility to tailor the chart according to your specific needs. You can choose the size, layout, and design that works best for you. Additionally, you can add personal notes, annotations, or color-coded symbols to enhance the chart’s organization and clarity.
- Ease of use and organization: Printable pedigree charts offer a clear and organized structure for documenting and visualizing your family tree. By having a physical copy in front of you, it becomes easier to navigate and track information across generations. It allows you to see the connections and relationships between individuals more effectively.
- Accessibility and convenience: Once you have printed the pedigree chart, you can access and refer to it anytime, anywhere, without the need for an internet connection. This makes it convenient for research, discussions with family members, or even sharing it with others during family gatherings or reunions.
- Sharing and collaboration possibilities: Printable pedigree charts enable you to share your family history with others more easily. You can provide copies to family members, genealogy researchers, or even upload the chart to online platforms for collaboration. It becomes a tangible and interactive tool for engaging others in your genealogical journey.
- Offline backup and preservation: Digital platforms and online tools are subject to technical issues or data loss. Printable pedigree charts serve as a reliable offline backup for your genealogical research. By having a physical copy, you can safeguard your hard work and ensure its long-term preservation for future generations.
- Focus and concentration: Using a printable pedigree chart allows you to disconnect from digital distractions and focus solely on your research. It promotes a more immersive and concentrated experience, reducing the chances of getting sidetracked or overwhelmed by unrelated information.
- Integration with other research materials: Printable pedigree charts can be easily integrated with other research materials, such as birth certificates, marriage records, or photographs. You can attach relevant documents or insert references alongside the corresponding individuals on the chart. This integration enhances the comprehensiveness and depth of your genealogical records.
- Portability and mobility: Printed pedigree charts are portable and can be taken with you on research trips, visits to archives, or interviews with relatives. You can refer to the chart and make additions or revisions directly as you gather new information. It offers convenience and ensures that you have your family history research readily accessible wherever your genealogical journey takes you.
How to Use these Printable charts?
Pedigree charts are more or less, sort of a family tree except for the fact that it’s used to record significant and critical information about your various ancestors. So here, in this free printable of ours, including seven generations of Pedigree charts, you are allowed to record up to seven generations of your ancestors.
Put up the names of your ancestors in the given boxes and a little bit of critical or valuable information about them; you could also put up a value associated with them. This helps the child to recognize and remember them better.
Moreover, if you’re using the Pedigree chart to assess a particular genetic trait, it can also be helpful for you to pick out the ancestors based on that specific trait in them.
Tips for Utilizing the 7th Generation Pedigree Chart
- Gather accurate information about ancestors: Before filling out the pedigree chart, gather as much accurate information as possible about your ancestors. This includes their full names, dates of birth and death, places of birth and death, and any other relevant details such as occupations or notable life events. Consulting birth certificates, marriage records, and other official documents can help ensure accuracy.
- Verify and cite sources for each individual: It is crucial to verify the information you gather from various sources. Look for multiple sources that corroborate the details of each individual. Record the sources on the pedigree chart to maintain a record of where the information came from. Proper citation will not only help you track your research but also provide credibility to your findings.
- Record additional details and anecdotes: While the pedigree chart provides a basic framework for your family tree, consider adding additional details and anecdotes about your ancestors. This could include interesting stories, cultural or historical information, or personal memories shared by family members. These additional details help bring your family history to life and create a richer narrative.
- Update and revise the chart as new information emerges: Genealogical research is an ongoing process, and new information may come to light over time. Regularly update and revise your pedigree chart as you uncover new facts or receive information from relatives. Consider using different colors or symbols to indicate recent updates or unresolved research questions.
- Use shorthand or abbreviations for repetitive information: To save space and make the chart more readable, use shorthand or abbreviations for repetitive information. For example, you can use “b.” for birth, “d.” for death, “m.” for marriage, and abbreviations for common locations. This helps keep the chart concise while conveying essential information.
- Add additional generations or expand on a separate chart: If you have more than seven generations of information or wish to explore specific ancestral lines in more detail, consider creating additional pedigree charts. You can create separate charts for each ancestral line or expand to include additional generations beyond the seventh. This allows for a more comprehensive representation of your family tree.
- Seek collaboration and input from family members: Engage with family members and seek their input and collaboration when filling out the pedigree chart. They may have additional information, stories, or photographs that can contribute to your research. Collaborating with others also helps verify and cross-reference information, ensuring the accuracy of your pedigree chart.
- Analyze and interpret the data from the chart: Once you have completed the pedigree chart, take the time to analyze and interpret the data. Look for patterns, connections, and potential research gaps. Analyzing the chart can provide insights into family migrations, inherited traits, or genetic conditions. It may also reveal areas where further research is needed to fill in missing information.
- Store and back up your pedigree chart securely: Treat your completed pedigree chart as a valuable and irreplaceable document. Store it in a safe and secure location, such as a fireproof box or a digital backup. Consider scanning the chart and saving it electronically to protect against loss or damage. Regularly back up your digital files to ensure their preservation.
- Share your findings and chart with others: Finally, share your findings and pedigree chart with other family members, genealogy researchers, or online genealogy communities. Sharing your research not only contributes to collective knowledge but also opens up opportunities for collaboration and the discovery of additional branches or connections within your family tree.
Knowing their ancestors and their family traits intrigues everyone out there. These Printable 7th generation pedigree charts make it easy for everyone to know about the various generations of the family.